Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wow, I feel inadequate!

I have been browsing some other blogs today. Even some of my friends blogs. Everyone seems to have such a good grasp of their blogs! Some are eloquent and others are just so interesting I got sucked in. All I have is me. Nothing fancy or frilly. I am not that kind of person.

Every Tuesday at WIBI we have time for prayer. It's one of the things I love about working here. Today our prayer leader spoke of a story that helped me once again understand that in my inadequacies, God can work His powers.

She told of a mom who took her young son (7yrs old) to a professional piano concert. While sitting and waiting for the concert to begin, mom became absorbed in her program only to look up and see her sons chair empty. She stood up to look around when suddenly a remedial version of chopsticks began to flow from the spotlighted grand piano on the stage. To her shock, there was her son playing the keys with one finger from each hand. The audience began saying, "get him off the stage!" But out of the wings came a voice of authority. "Stay there, son." And the pianist walked onto the stage and sat beside the boy. Together they played so many versions of chopsticks, the little boy with one finger from each hand, and the pianist, flowering each note with elegance. The audience gave a standing ovation. This is what God can do with our remedial tries. He can come along side and flower in some elegance. Thank you, God!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, you are so not inadequate! I love you on the radio and I love your blog 2:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. inadequate??? non-sense! I bet you can play chop sticks as well as anyone else!!! you are music to my ears! I love you

    ReplyDelete